Friday, May 28, 2010

Sharon Prew =)

What am amazing month! I got to spend time with my family and some of my closest friends on the most wonderful weekend of my life. It was such a special and beautiful ceremony, and we are so happy to be husband and wife.

We had so much fun with the wedding party in the limo in between the ceremony and the reception as we drove all over downtown Northville with the photographers to take pictures.

The reception followed later that evening and we have so many great memories from the night during the celebration. A couple highlights... one of the bridesmaids caught the bouquet (Dana - you're next!), my 6'8" cousin Bryan did "the worm" and some awesome break dancing (I'm hoping to get some video of the performance from my sister's video camera when we return from our honeymoon), and I heard that Steve's cousin's were also doing some break dancing, but I missed seeing it, so maybe someone got that on video also.

We are on our honeymoon right now. Steve is taking a short nap, so I thought that I would blog since I have had no time to blog in the past 6 months. We are in Maui, Hawaii and it has been so amazing. We are so blessed to be able to be here for two weeks in the most beautiful place that I have ever seen. So far we have been to Mama's fishhouse (sooooo good), flew to the island of Oahu to visit Pearl Harbor, played 18 holes at Waleia Gold golf course, spent time at the beach and the pool, and we went to the Old Lahiana Luau last night. Today is our day to relax and do nothing (because that's what a honeymoon is all about), and we plan to go shopping this afternoon and grab dinner on the other side of the island while we are out. We got a little too much sun yesterday at the beach so we had to go out and buy some aloe today, and that is another reason we aren't heading out to the beach again today. The sun is definitely stronger out here close to the equator. I love that I can be just as content laying in bed, drinking a corona light, and blogging. I am easy to please. =)

We are looking forward to our next week here in Hawaii, and we plan to visit the road to Hana, do some snorkeling, take a helicopter tour of the island, and fit in another 3 rounds of golf. One of those rounds will be at the Kapalua plantation, one of the courses that Steve insisted that we play while we are here. I'm happy to play golf anywhere with him, but he knows all the fancy places that the pros play.

I am so happy to be his wife, and so thankful for such a good man to spend the rest of my life with.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sharon! Me & My mom love your blog! I'm so glad you are living your happily ever after! Beautiful Photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats girl!!! You looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete